Saturday, July 19, 2008

patience might be a virtue, but...

... I'm not all that virtuous.

I am so poor right now, and so depressed, and so hungry. Next weekend symbolises lots of good, exciting things, but it's very far away. I can't even wait to get paid so that I can buy normal, boring things, like shampoo and cooking oil. Mostly I'm excited about the big IKEA trip and the meal at Chiquitos, and the moving house, but I'm also looking forward to being able to fill my car up with petrol, and getting myself lunch so my tummy doesn't rumble.

S doesn't understand why I am poor. He earns £9k more than me, and didn't MOT his car this month, or drive to Norwich, which I did. And so I'm amazed I've got to 6 days before payday and I've still got £2.38 in my bank account.

I'm worried that the next 6 days are going to be horrible because I'll be feeling blue about having no money, and it will mean that we're not even friends by the time I move out.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: