Tuesday, July 1, 2008

the ladybug's picnic

That's that, then. S and I broke up, proper, like. And do you know, it's really all right.

I'm sad, because it's always sad when people break up. And I wish we had had that 'thing' that meant we had butterflies in our tummies when we thought about each other, but we didn't. Not really. So we've been very growed up and admitted it and are currently living together as non-rufty buddies who share a bed (which is a little bit weird, but only because it doesn't feel all that weird...).

I have started looking at buying a house on my own. I'm very excited, although since my arranged viewings have all gone t*ts up so far this week (I got the day wrong yesterday and spent half an hour waiting for an estate agent when they wouldn't be arriving for another 23 and a half hours, and today the estate agent got the house wrong), my excitement has turned a little less shiny. A bit tarnished, if you will. Like those spoons you get from gift shops.

So right now, this very minute, I am going through ads on 'Easy Roommate Dot Co Dot Uk' in an attempt to find something to move into while I buy a house. There are lots of nice housies, but they all cost monies. I have found one where there's no deposit payable though, so I have left a message for the landlord because I am super duper keen to have a look at that. I shall keep you (oh laptop of mine, and oh future me, reading back over this), posted.

Tomorrow I shall mostly be travelling to London and back on the train, and then to Woodhall Spa in my newly MOTd car to see parents and cats, and to break up a journey to Norwich.

Oh yes, a ladybird landed on my car window today and I nearly crashed because I was mesmerised.

It was so pretty : )

No comments: